Living in the Seattle Youth Detention center means no hair cuts and no shaving. My son looks like a bum. He was just at the point he needed a hair cut just before all of this happened. They had a volunteer come in an give hair cuts to the kids who have been there longer than my son. I understand not allowing them to shave. But really? Not even hair cuts? Or allowing them to shave with an electric razor while someone watches them? Apparently they don't get to have a good image of themselves while in prison awaiting trial. The only time I know he will get to shave and have a hair cut is just before trial.
Update (2/9/2018): He was allowed to shave or to be shaven in reality. But they only shaved his cheeks. I'm not sure if that's the way he wanted it or if they were just doing quick one offs. He's got so much facial hair now that it would take more than an electric razor to shave his beard, mustache or side burns.
In the mean time I've lost about 1/3 of my hair from the stress of it all.
No comments:
Post a Comment