Adults of children in jail become victims of the sytem. It's overwhelming. While I knew that my son got patted down after every visit, last night he told me that he is stripped searched after every visit. Now not only will I think about how much I dread walking into that place, but I know that I'm responsible for an entirely humiliating experience every time I come. But he wants me to come. He's willing to put up with it.
We were sitting talking and they brought a boy into the visiting room that refused to be strip searched. They checked his records. Apparently you only get strip searched if you are accused of a major violent crime.
I had started to finally be able to talk about this, to stay on the fence emotionally. But this has pushed me off again. Sitting crying at work.
No comments:
Post a Comment